When Are Leek Seeds Ready?

Hi, everybody,
My leeks are putting up pods, which I am fairly sure are full of seeds.
But how do I tell when they are mature to use?
Thanks...
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

I'm not sure I'd call them pods... I cut the dry flower heads and put them in a paper bag for a few weeks. When they're crackly dry, they can be crushed and rubbed in your hands, and the seeds winnowed out. I often mix seeds and chaff with water and float off all the crud, then spread the seeds on a fine screen in front of a fan. They dry too quickly to even think about sprouting. Works for me, at least.