Wheatgrass juicers

I just read in one of these posts about wheatgrass that most wheatgrass juicers are manual. Google wheatgrass juicers and you will find that is not so. There are only a couple of manual juicers, the main difference being the construction metal. Some of the electric ones are just like the manual ones but with a motor. A motor attachment may be bought for a manual one. A manual crank is available for my Solostar for travel. The only physical difference between manual and electrical juicing might be that you could turn the crank slower so as to not heat the juice, though my electric doesn't heat it so that I can feel. Any other difference is purely belief. Extracting the juice on a regular basis,say before work, is a tedious time consuming process. To do it with a hand cranked machine adds considerably to the time required.

Reply to
Butzmark

I have a solo star II which does wheatgrass alright. But it is a real pain to clean. Especially after juicing carrots. I have a feeling the green star would have been worth the extra money. Especially as I have a feeling that the plastic auger on the solo star II is wearing down slowly.

Reply to
Andrew Ward

Yeah, mine too. The best carrot juicers aren't so hot with wheatgrass I think. The Solostar does everything. I kind of like the idea of having a dedicated wheatgrass juicer and a centrifical for other stuff. Still for the single person the Solostar is OK for carrots despite the cleaning hassle. Doing quantity would be bad.

Reply to
Butzmark

Have you had a chance to use a Greenstar? I would be interested to know how hard they are to clean.

Reply to
Andrew Ward

No. I just looked at the Greenstar online and it looks like it must have a similar screen to clean. I noticed one claim "It separates pure juice from harmful pesticides and heavy metals which might be present on fruits or vegetables." that would have to be pure BS.

Reply to
Butzmark

Yes there is an awful lot of really bad marketing in the juicer industry, basically targetting gullable health fanatics. You just reminded me why I did not buy the greenstar in the first place. They advertised it as having bio ceramic magnets inside the augers which extracted more nutrients. I suspect that it is these same magnets that they are claiming will extract heavy metals.

Reply to
Andrew Ward