what to do with Palmetto Tree Fruits?

I have two small palmetto tree's in my front yard, that produce small orange fruits.. they are pretty sour and stringy, but was wondering if anyone has ever used these in any kind of recipes?
Hi, Are you talking about saw palmetto, Serenoa repens? There is an extract used for prostate gland problems that derives from these seeds. The Indians used them as a food source, they fall into the edible but not eatable category IMO. The Sabel palmetto has much smaller black seeds that, to me, taste similar to dates. Much drier but close. hth, -_- how

orange
Actually i believe its a Sabal Palmetto, or Cabbage Palm... Ive found information on cooking with the palms themselves, but no luck on their fruits. They are very bitter and stringent...
wrote in message

Hello, Sabal palmetto fruits are black when ripe. hth -_- how