What to do with dead squirrel?

Page 3 of 3
( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) wrote:

There's also:
http://www.independent.co . uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/is-cajun-squirrel-the-new-cheese-and-onion-1 242591.html
βœ–

Bury it and plant a tomato over it. It's excellent fertilizer. ;o)
Add pictures here
βœ–

Handle with vinyl gloves. Place in plastic bag. Empty contents on top of the nearest large ant bed. Do not re-use the bag. Ants are the biggest natural and quick disposal machine for dead varmints around here.
--
Dave

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

dead birds, animals etc round my place go in to a shallow hole or even under some thick mulch and help my trees grow. 2 cats I recently buried have a couple of shrubs growing over them now.
rob
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Apr 19, 9:24 am, Dan Musicant ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) wrote:

Came home from a long weekend trip last fall and while I was unloading the car my wife headed for the master bathroom. Something about my trying to train her to hold if for those four plus hour trips without stopping causes her to run for that bathroom every single time. This time was a bit different than normal and instead of seeing her emerge with that relieved look on her face I hear the blood curdling scream. I know that last leg of the trip was a bit longer than normal but damn, it wasn't that long.
I dropped everything and ran for the back bathroom where I found my wife looking like she had seen the devil himself. Her eyes were bulging and she was pointing at the john. I didn't see anything wrong, I had left the lid down before we left and it was still down so I knew it wasn't that. I reached in and lifted the lid and there curled up and floating on top of the water was a dead squirrel. It had apparently crawled down the vent pipe and found its way into the commode where it had drowned.
I pulled the dead carcas out and put it into a 1 gallon zip lock bag. I then placed that bag into a trash back and sealed it. Both then went into the trash for next day pickup. Oh, and my wife never ever never ever goes to the potty without turning on the lights and double checking under the lid before setting down. Can't figure why she wanted that small ceremic squirrel to sit on the top of the tank though.
Add pictures here
βœ–
BobR wrote:

You gotta get one of these:
http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmonster.htm?gclid=CIT79Kr-gZoCFQ6jagod7GV3FQ
Your wife will be ever so, um, 'grateful' is not the exact word I'm looking for...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hey, my mama didn't raise any fools. I am not about to give that to her, I value my life too much. Now, should I tell you about the little green frog that she keeps on the tank as well? There are real advantages to standing when you pee!
Add pictures here
βœ–

They are a totem to protect the person owning them from invasion from the animal that it represents. ;-)
Try replacing the frog with a plastic frog and tie it to the seat so that when she sets down it jumps at her from behind.
I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is about the size of a big bull frog.
People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around here. I think I need a plastic snake. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Freeze the squirrel in dry ice it and send it to Tibet where it will will be feed to large vultures.
Very good Karma.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
βœ–

I don't need to do that because that is almost exactly what happened. We lived in a neighborhood that was cut out of dense forest and tree frogs were very plentiful. They would show up all over the place. One night my wife got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. There was a small night light in the bathroom so she didn't turn on the overhead light and sit down on the toilet. A few seconds later, she woke the entire house with a ear piercing scream. A small tree frog had come through the sewer line and hidden under the rim of the toilet. When she sit down and started her thing, it apparently decided to jump and landed on her bottom. The VERY NEXT MORNING I had to skip work and get some wire screens to put over the sewer vents. About a week later, the little plastic frog showed up on the back of the tank. At least she does have a sense of humor about the event.

I don't know where your "around here" is but it sure isn't around my wife or you might not be alive too long. <BG>
Add pictures here
βœ–
BobR wrote: (snip)

was outside my domicile. Lived in apartments awhile back, and had an old beater minivan I used as a hauling vehicle. Went out to start it up one day, after not having used it in awhile. There was a dead tree frog, baked onto the drivers door near the mirror. As best as I can figure, the poor thing jumped up on there to enjoy the sunshine, and had gotten stuck because the metal was so hot it immediately cooked his skin right to it. It was hard to clean off, holding one hand over my mouth to avoid gagging. (Yes, I am pretty squeamish about dead stuff. My head knows better, but my stomach says otherwise.)
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Just a little something about tree frogs. I used to keep one in the house as a pet. They will come into the house by way of the front door next to the door light. They hang out there hunting bugs, and sometimes jump into the house to explore a new hunting ground. Then when they start drying out, they go to the best water source that they can find. The toilet, due to it’s large pool size and the fact that it is not used as much as the sink and is not visible from where the people hang out.
Thus, the screen may not solve the problem.
;-)

I live alone, in Tulsa Oklahoma area. Can’t imagine why. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

SHHHHHHH, don't you ever tell my wife that.
I don't know how my wife does it but she finds every little critter that manages to get into the house. Not only does she spot every tree frong but those little lizards that manage to slip in are in great danger from her. Where we live now there are no tree frogs but the small almost clear baby lizards get in all the time and she finds every last one of them. She finds and I have to remove because she won't touch them...even the little baby ones.

I can't imagine why either. What's with these women that can't take a joke?
Add pictures here
βœ–

SHHHHHHH, don't you ever tell my wife that.
I don't know how my wife does it but she finds every little critter that manages to get into the house. Not only does she spot every tree frong but those little lizards that manage to slip in are in great danger from her. Where we live now there are no tree frogs but the small almost clear baby lizards get in all the time and she finds every last one of them. She finds and I have to remove because she won't touch them...even the little baby ones.
--
you need a cat. she'd never see them again.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, at least not all in one piece. Our's likes to prove its worth by depositing the "less tasty parts" on the back deck.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Another fun one is to put a ruler in the water with one end under the front of the seat. When someone sets down the ruler pops up and splashes at them.
Don’t ask me how I know.
;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

You either don't do this at home or have a serious death wish.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Bury it. Why would you consider doing anything else? It's free nutrients.
Add pictures here
βœ–
: :> Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?: :Bury it. Why would you consider doing anything else? It's free nutrients.
After reading scores of posts I decided this is the best idea. However, before that ever happened I put the frozen corpse in the trash. Next time.
Dan
PS It could have gone under one of my plum trees.
Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net
Add pictures here
βœ–