What to do w/ last cantaloupes?

First frost is coming. I had some late cantaloupes sprout in September, and they are not quite ready to pick yet, but I'm nervous they won't make it. Will they ripen off the vine? Should I leave them and keep covering w/ a sheet at night? Or should I just call it a year and forget about them?

Not in my experience.
Should I leave

If they are close to ripe some night covering to keep them going might nudge them along. Unless they are quite close I wouldn't bother.
David

I've personally found fabric sheeting works better than plastic for warding off frost.
You could also run a lightbulb in there. Just be careful not to start a fire.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot