What to do ...

Page 2 of 2

Similar. Halve enough to fill a big kettle, add just a little water to start, steam covered. Kettle fills with (thin, watery) juice which we pour off to be used for soup stock.
Mill the tomats (Foley food mill, removes seeds and skins) and cook the result down some, bottle with or without added green or hot peppers. We've maybe 2 dozen quarts of Scotias done, two bushels ripe sitting in the kitchen and the Romas are just coming in now. A good year for tomatoes!
Of course, this time of year, every meal is a plate full of chunked Scotias with something else on the side. Pratchett fans will recall that the Ankh-Morporkians scorn the Pseudopolis folks because their food has too much avec in it. Just now, everything here is like that, avec tomats.
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada