What to do ...

With the waste products of 3 dogs ... small , medimu and medium-large , and they all leave piles of poop in the yard . I'm about to drive around the neighborhood picking up bags of leaves for compost , and wonder if I can add the dog poop to my pile .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

No. Don't add the dog stuff to compost. Keep it separate. It is useless.

Predator species dung can contain dangerous pathogens. Do not use it on food crops.
Steve
Steve Peek wrote:

I dunno where they'd get dangerous pathogens , these dogs don't even get table scraps , just dry dog food . And doesn't a properly maintained compost heap attain high enough temps to kill most all bacteria ? I'd just like an alternative to tossing it into the trash can .
--
Snag
Learning keeps
Snag wrote:

flush 'em.
if a plant could lick its own butt i wouldn't compost plant poo either.
songbird
songbird wrote: ...
sorry, that comment was inapropriate.
songbird

If you have a cleanout on your septic line (if you are on city), or even on septic, make an extension of about 24" up so that you can dump the dog stuff down the line to either the septic or the city sewage. Sometimes, the cleanout is in a great spot for this, other times, not. You do not have to cement it in, just a short extension you can put on and take off and cap when not in use. OR, if it is in an area where it doesn't look bad, just leave it sticking up, or even cement it in, and have a removable cap. Build a cairn around it with rocks or otherwise dress it up.
Steve

Google pet waste composters. You'll get plenty of advice.
Snag wrote:

Well , alrighty then , it seems the general consensus is that I should compost it , but it's probably not a good idea to use it on the veggies . I hope the 'ol ladie's roses like dog shit .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

But what do I know.
Diesel.
DogDiesel wrote:

It's organic material ... and one way or another it's gonna end up gettin' recycled in the ecosystem .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Sure, but that's not the issue. If it was you could just leave it spread around everywhere.
The issue is about concentrating it in your garden.

The "general consensus" is that the waste from carnivores is generally bad, valueless, and unhealthy. Dig a hole and bury it, or flush it, and forget it. It is useless and potentially hazardous.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/pinworm/hic_parasitic_roundworm_diseases.aspx