what's up

Page 2 of 2
Once upon a time on usenet Steve Peek wrote:
[snipped]

Is this them? http://www.worldcrops.org/crops/Maxixe.cfm
Because they *are* cucurbits, in the same family as cukes.
Cheers,
--
Shaun.

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 8:41:27 PM UTC-4, ~misfit~ wrote:

that's them, same family, different genus. Mine don't seem to be that large without getting inedible seeds. They're very tasty similar to cucumber but more tart.
Once upon a time on usenet Steve Peek wrote:

I was just making a rhubarb tart last night (lidless pie - much easier than lidding it and lower pastry to fruit ratio) and my mind wandered, as it does... I came to the conclusion that I definitely need more tart in my life. ;)
--
Shaun.

On 8/15/2015 7:33 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet George Shirley wrote:

LOL! Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks like that. ;) I Left the 's' off in case I was.
--
Shaun.

On 8/16/2015 1:56 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:

but I can still remember those days. <G<
Once upon a time on usenet George Shirley wrote:

Mine ended a while back too but I never married or 'settled down' so I can still dream. ;)
--
Shaun.

~misfit~ wrote: ...

we make crumbles (fruit on the bottom topped by a mix of sugar, oats, whatever else that will bake ok) and that can also reduce the amount of sugars/fats while still giving it a bit of crust on it.
songbird
Once upon a time on usenet songbird wrote:

Yes, I've made many a crumble in my time. When I was a kid, back in the days before food processors I used to rub the butter into the flour for Mum. However I do like a good semi-sweet shortcrust pastry (my secret is to add lemon juice to the pastry mix, it really picks it up and adds a new dimension to it).
--
Shaun.