What's On Our Food?

Page 2 of 2

Another myth dispelled. I thought chemo was effective.

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:35:36 -0400, Bill who putters

Thanks for this cite. Confirms, for me, what I have long suspected and mostly known. When Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, with significant liver metastases, he was presented with chemo options and the relative risk reduction figures and benefits. They grasped at that miniscule chance and totally ignored the reality of the disease and didn't/wouldn't understand. His final three months were miserable for him and Mom. It was only three days before he died that Mom accepted that there was going to be no cure.
I spent considerable time in one of the cancer groups and learned that Canadian physicians have an entirely different approach to treatment options.
Charlie
In article

We are just arguing about adding to the pile of toxins that we eat. Say hello to Mr. Liver. He does our detoxing of our "natural" environment for us, but he is only human, and he can be overwhelmed.
Others may defend homepathy, but it doesn't make sense to me (not a requirement for it to be true however). Ideally, by the time you finish shaking the water, there is only the memory of the mimicking substance left in the water.
Chemotherapy isn't good for you. It's only saving grace is that it is even less good to quickly dividing cells.
Food preservatives is to large a catagory. Salt, vinegar, oxalate, and SO2 aren't comparable.
If your not sure about toxins, you're welcome to my share.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.