What's Growing In Your Garden?

NE Zone 7a

Romaine and Strawberries - out about two weeks ago. Best season ever! Onions - decent first attempt -

- two weeks late b/c of cool wx -
-
-
beans, and raspberries can been seen in the pix, too.

Peaches should be ready early next month. Apples all but picked clean by deer last night.

Reply to
TQ

Food-wise, there are tumbler tomatoes, courgettes and peppers out front. Planted a quince and a medlar last autumn, both of which are promising fruit this autumn, and there's an established family apple tree and a pear tree. There's garlic (for eating; I remove the scapes before they flower) in the flower beds, salad burnet, red amaranth, salad carrots, salad lettuce and red kale. No beans this year because we never seem to get round to eating them all, so that bed's currently full of sweet peas.

The herb tub (an old butler sink) has two different marjorams (golden and...not golden), Corsican mint, peppermint, flat and curly parsley, purple sage, chives, Azores thyme, lemon thyme and another thyme whose name I forget. There's also chervil in there; I accidentally pulled out the tarragon this spring when I was removing some old, leggy sage, so I need to sew some more later.

--

squeezeweasel

For Buddah's sake, can we keep politics out of the garden?

Reply to
William L. Rose