What kind of tree is this (link)? Is this fruit edible?

Page 1 of 3
Hello...
I'm curious what the tree in the follow pictures is:
Also...is the fruit edible?
Thank you,
http://snipurl.com/2vwwg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x108/Bouje22/P1011083.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x108/Bouje22/P1011084.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x108/Bouje22/P1011086.jpg

Looks like crabapple, if so, fruit is bitter.

Ignore this fool
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Ah, the wit and wisdom of a doper.

And that is as good as the advice gets from this maudlin, foul mouth of a loser.
Ignore this fool
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

m...
So, what's the answer? Smartass!
In article

Don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say a camellia. You'll notice that the leaves are glossy with a smooth edge. Crab apples have a serrated edge to their leaves. In my experience, you need to have leaf, flower, and fruit (seed) to make an identification.
Maudlin, foul-mouthed, people with a compulsion to cast someone else as more incompetent than themselves are easier to identify ;o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

It is a serrate edge, you dumb ass, look at the picture, doper.

Serrate is fine but I think "erose" is better.
Merriam Webster
erose adjective : IRREGULAR , UNEVEN ; specifically : having the margin irregularly notched as if gnawed <an erose leaf>
In article

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/erose+leaf ?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/serrated
Thanks for the word in any event :o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Hmmm....one who plays with dopes should perhaps be labeled a "doper"? ;-)
Your advice given to me yesterday? Pot, kettle and all that, old friend.
The cherry toms and peppers are coming on strong as well as the beans, zukes and just found a Suyo Long cuke that will go in two days.
The amaranth, Love-Lies-Bleeding, is absolutely gorgeous and a very large plant, about five feet tall and a spread of the same. The longest seed head, which are about thumb sized in diameter and a very nice reddish-maroon color, is over thirty inches long. THe plant has dozens of heads/strands and more forming all the time.
The Golden Giant amaranth is over six feet tall with large golden-yellow upright heads of grain.
Had the first picking of Empress green beans today......excellant.
Picked a few Rattlesnake ploe beans to sample the the flavor is different than the Empress and delightful.
Your Vining 'tunias giving you some aroma yet?
Chug a bottle of TwoBuckChuck and chill, Billy.
Agrafes rpublicaines de Don de vis Charlie

Me being on the north side of a hill, your cornucopia has me drooling. Must be all the lightening that you've been having.
The Armenian cucumber is moving around like a cobra in a corner but hasn't set fruit yet. The green beans are in flower as well. All of my tomatoes that are in the ground have at least green tomatoes on them (that includes the Brandywine and the Striped German). The glazing that we've gotten the last few days from the Sun have ripened some hybrid cherry tomatoes (Sungold and Sweet Millions) but none of the Yellow Pear have ripened yet. "Lovey" has been off on family business the last two days so I serve our first garden meal tonight. Zukes and crooknecks with garlic, olive oil, and herbs will accompany a lettuce and tomato garden salad (probably throw in some dandelion too, the sweating has dropped my potassium levels). That will accompany a gorgonzola turkey schnitzel and potato (CSA) pancakes.
The trailing petunias are about the size of a cup saucer but they seem to have responded to being in potting soil as opposed to the germination soil. The trombonciniis only 8" high and the bitter melon 6" - 18" high but both are growing well now. From now on, once germinated, my plants are going into potting soil as soon as they are hardened off.
The cabbage seems to be a complete bust so I'm switching it with the salad which seems to do OK where the cabbage is now.
The corn, sweet and dent, is about 3' - 4' tall.
Identified another one of my herbs yesterday. No doubt about it, it's stinging nettle (ouch):-(. Now I find that she is dioecious and I gotta track her down a boyfriend:o(
The echinacea has just flowered as has the thyme but the calendulas have been putting out flowers for the last two months.
This is beginning to sound like a parts list, so I'll let it go here.
Oh, I gave you that advice after responding to one of his posts which I don't read anymore. He doesn't bring out the best in me. But it is weird. He claims to have a Masters degree but there is no sign of it on his web site. "If" he had one, advertising it would be money in the bank. I'd be surprised if he had an A.A. degree. "Nuff said.
Take care "Junger".
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

It is in Columbia, SC. at the house I'm living in.

Looks like some variety of pear.
In article

Could be a variety of Quince. Is the plant in question a bit fuzzy ?
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quince>
I have one just for the flowers. Once made quince jelly in the day.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Sheldon wrote:

Looks like a Kiefer pear to me. That's a cross between the Chinese sand pear and Bartlett that is course grained and not very good eating fresh. They are excellent canned. Can while still firm because they never get really soft like a bartlett. It'll be another couple of months before they are ripe enough to can. We have eaten them for years. Picture at bottom of page: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/syllabi/319/1pear.html Care in your area: http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/hgic1352.htm
Tom J
The foliage is not right for apple or pear, and does not look right for quince--far too glossy. Are the leaves alternate (one per node) or opposite (two per node)? In South Carolina, you might have any of a number of subtropical ornamentals, including Camellia, which makes an apple-like fruit.
M. Reed
Zarlot531 wrote:

A few more questions--
Is there milky sap? Can you show us what th inside of the fruit looks like?
M. Reed