What kind of squash is this?

Please look at these pictures and tell me what kind of squash is this? It is a volunteer.
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0955cp6.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0952as9.jpg
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Daniel Prince wrote:

Looks to be a cushaw or green-striped pumpkin. Get rather large and have orange or yellowish-green meat?
George
Daniel Prince said:

Hard to tell without a better look at the stem and blossom end.
I think it might be some sort of Cucurbita maxima squash. If so, its stem would look more rounded and not so obviously five-sided. The blossom end might have a bit of a 'button' on it.
C. maxima squashes include hubbard, buttercup, turk's turban and kabocha types as well as some varieties that are marketed as 'pumpkins' (including 'white' pumpkins and the Aussie 'blue' pumpkins).
Cushaws, which the other poster mentioned, have a stem end with five sides and very often the fruit is 'necked' like a butternut. They generally have a flat, smooth blossom end scar.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:29:33 -0700, Daniel Prince

If it is a volunteer, what squashes did you plant in that area last year? We have had some very interesting squash from the ones that got tossed in previous years.
--
Susan N.

Has anyone considered that the squash leaves appear very like it could be a melon? Birds are great for planting volunteers.