What is the soap and water ratio for aphids

I would like to use soap and water to protect the plants against aphids. What is the recommended ratio. I was planning to use Palmolive dish detergent.
Thanks...
In article

Mom used tobacco tea, 4 cigarettes per pint of water.
I used ladybugs with better ongoing success. :-) I have larvae every year now since introducing a couple of hundred of them to the yard about 4 years ago.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
Hi All,
wrote:

It is not a good idea to use the above, as it is a broad spectrum insectiside and will kill the good as well as the bad. Hope this helps you.
Richard M. Watkin.

I used the 1 to 10 ratio suggested by the previous poster...It killed all my plants! They all dried up overnight. So, I'm going out to buy new ones. :(
In article

Condolences...
Mom always used Tobacco tea for aphids. Soak 1 cigarette in a pint of water.
Or do what I did and import a batch of ladybugs. ;-) I have a regular population of larvae now ever year that totally controls aphids.
--
Peace! Om

about dishwater strength will do sam,
do you ahve ants as well?
wrote: snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /
Yes, I have ants in the soil. Will they also harm my future plants. (I just planted this past weekend. Lots of ants. Last year I had aphid, so want to keep them at bay this year.
Thanks, Sam

You can also buy Safer's Insecticidal Soap, if you don't want to figure out the ratio and mix your own (too much soap may harm your plants). A soap spray will kill the aphids, but it wont prevent them from appearing on your plants.
--
snipped-for-privacy@insectgraphics.com
Visit www.insectgraphics.com for all your insect gift needs
wrote: snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /

Beneficial Nematodes.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
Sam;787191 Wrote:

used this myself
-- suemack