what is eating my onion seeds?

I have planted 3 squares of onion seeds and something is digging them up and eating them. What ever it is hasn't touched the carrots or beans.

Reply to
McQualude

Probably squirrels...

Lay some wire netting, like maybe chicken wire, over the top of the soil.

Good luck!

K.

Reply to
Katra

Might be helpful to know where you live

If SoCal then maybe slugs If NorEast - squirrels, rabbits If Marshall Islands - crabs

Reply to
Charles Quinn

If SoCal desert -- mice, I think. Something dug up and ate all my seed chives last year, and the only thing that could have got into that enclosed area was mice (which climb worse than monkeys). Mice also dig up and eat tulips and other bulbs. Grrrr...

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez