What could be wrong with my strawberry plants?

Hi again, I decided to grow a small amount of strawberries this year i

a hanging basket, I thought they were doing ok, however a few littl clusters of strawberries turned brown & died before they even flowered now a few of the leaves have turned brown & there is even a tiny bit o brown pigmentation on one of the larger strawberries. Anyone have an idea what this could be here's a picture of the plant in question

can see one of the brown leaves & the small amount of tin strawberries to the right of that seem to be dying & you can see th small amount brown on the third strawberry from the right

Any advice welcome

-- Freedom_Spark

Reply to
Freedom_Spark

Hi.

I too am also growing strawberries in a hanging basket.

The best advice that I can give u is to make sure that u give it a goo feed about once a week using a good plant food such as Tomorite, Miracl gro or a special strawberry food.

Also, it is important that u check the soil everyday as the soil need to be kept moist and keep out of full sun as this can scorch them an the strawberries will shrivel.

I hope this advice was of some help to u and wish u good luck.

Shelle

-- mt006b1198

Reply to
mt006b1198

Strikes me one large plant, one small basket. I think (possibly I'm no expert) that the other respondant hit the nail on the head. Feeding and nutriants.

Reply to
Steve Newport

Thanks for the replies guys, I've moved two of the strawberry plant

into a seperate basket & fed them with my tomato food (I had fed the previously but probably not as regularly as required) Thanks again fo the advice

-- Freedom_Spark

Reply to
Freedom_Spark