What can I grow on a fence.

Hello,

I want to thank you for the advice on onion sets ands my weed issues. I'm almost finished with my garden, Well most of it. And I'm thinking about planting some type of berry plants that would grow on a fence. And come back year to year. I ve got a section of 4 ft chain link fence that gets sun . And I'm thinking of putting a garden post fence around my garden to get my beans to grow on it. When I visited grandmas in West Virginia I used to go get berries that were growing like vines in the fence every morning. . I'm thinking they were raspberries and blackberries. But not sure.

I'm just not sure what berries are bush plants and what is vines.

Thanks Diesel.

Reply to
None4U

Whatever you choose just keep in mind that it will put some load on the fence that it may (or may not) be ready to take and that if there is somebody else on the other side they may be concerned about it or inclined to interfere.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott