Weeds finally gone

At least for now.Yesterday I picked 2 yellow zucchinis and 1 green. Sauteed them with some onion, garlic and oregano. All from the garden. Yummy. Can't wait for some more. Looks lie a couple of more weeks before we have ripe tomatoes.

Reply to
The Cook

I'm going to dig around in my "stuff" in the garage once it cools off a bit. Need some more bird netting, blasted mockers are getting into the ripening tomatoes again, just pecking out the seeds and then flying off. To bad they're a protected bird as they are a great pest around here and there are, literally, thousands of them. They build big nests in any crevice or opening on a roof and even on porches. Almost as bad as the swallows that build their mud nests in the front entry of most of the two story homes here. At least the swallows are helpful, they eat a lot of mosquitoes and other insects. Mockingbirds just raid every sort of vegetable or fruit around. The figs are changing color so may be picking them soon.

Our squash season is pretty much over due to the heat, Miz Anne started two yellow squash plants the other day but they're not doing well. We harvested about four cups of dried Hopi red limas today and maybe three green beans. There are a lot of new blooms on the green beans so we have hopes for a lot more. The crowder peas will be ready to pick again by tomorrow or the next day. Sweet chiles are coming on again like gangbusters. Harvested another Black Beauty eggplant and will do something with by the weekend.

Just came in from mowing a bit, to hot to stay out there for long but the sky is rapidly becoming overcast. I suspect more rain is on the way.

George

Reply to
George Shirley