waxy substance leaking from plum trees

Hi, can anyone tell me what the waxy substance is leaking from the bark of my plum tree?
--
ttenrub52

newsgroups are a great way to discuss topics. In this case the topic is general gardening
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Unless the OP is refering to his dog called Plum Tree his/her question is on topic.
David
In article <b841b0fa-af7a-4bef-a51b-

And the care of plum trees is right on topic.
ttenrub52 wrote:

Any chance of a photo?

Check for bubbling or foaming. That can be an indication of a borer inside the bark.
Steve
ttenrub52 said:

Could be gummosis, the result of a wound or canker (infection).
<http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/IPM.asp ? codeX&group!&level=s>
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."