waxy substance leaking from plum trees

Hi, can anyone tell me what the waxy substance is leaking from the bark of my plum tree?

Reply to
ttenrub52

newsgroups are a great way to discuss topics. In this case the topic is general gardening

Reply to
nojamsaw91

Unless the OP is refering to his dog called Plum Tree his/her question is on topic.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Any chance of a photo?

David Hare-Scott

And the care of plum trees is right on topic.

Reply to
phorbin

Could be gummosis, the result of a wound or canker (infection).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Check for bubbling or foaming. That can be an indication of a borer inside the bark.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B