watermellon

Does anyone here know what season you grow watermellon in? how long it takes to grow? what don't you an ddo you feed it? please help with this i need some advice thanks.
Does any one here kno whow to grow Watermellon if so can you please send me an email and tell me how?

This may help or Google "growing+watermelon" in your country. http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1626.html
Watermelon like likes a long growing season with a of heat, lots of sun and lots of water.
lots of sun
well drained soil
the right variety for your area,
if your growing season is short try micky lee or yellow doll, you dont need a long season. irt mulch will help. direct seeding works better than transplants,
in my northeastern area, i would disagree with m.d. that a lot of water is good, watermelons are sweetest when ripened in a sunny dry season with well drained soil.

i've grown watermelon in michigan for 10 yrs now - have tried many varieties and have always had best luck with yellow doll. like all plants, watermelon likes lots of organic matter, adequate moisture and a pH around 7.0
additionally, this method variety is awesome to eat - in blind taste tests, ppl prefer it over the red melons....

Growing any kind of melon in the UK should be done under glass unless you live in the south west. You can grow them in Donkey dung in a raise coldframe, and should start your seedlings off during April-may in a frost free enviroment. Any frost will kill your tender melon plants. I would grow 1 or two plants in a 5 x 3 foot coldframe. Keep on encouraging the running limbs of the melon plant to run around and around itself to save space. You could use a bucket as a climbing template.
James Middleton www.theallotmentgarden.co.uk
--
James Middleton

James Middleton;814300 Wrote: > Growing any kind of melon in the UK should be done under glass unless > you live in the south west. You can grow them in Donkey dung in a raise > coldframe, and should start your seedlings off during April-may in a > frost free enviroment. Any frost will kill your tender melon plants. I > would grow 1 or two plants in a 5 x 3 foot coldframe. Keep on > encouraging the running limbs of the melon plant to run around and > around itself to save space. You could use a bucket as a climbing > template.

try this link http://tinyurl.com/5bhxch
--
mor