Watering Vegetables In Containers

It is finally springtime here in the southern hemisphere, and my first year of gardening.
I live in a fairly humid environment, but with strong sunshine.
So I am wondering what would be a good watering schedule for vegetables in containers (kept outdoors.)
In 10-litre (2.5 gal) buckets, I have broccoli, spinach, lettuce, zuccini, and capsicum (bell pepper.)
I may also add couliflour, and a few others in similar-sized containers.
There are also some tomato plants, which will go into 20-litre (5 gal) buckets this weekend.
So I am looking for advice on watering schedules???
Thanks in advance...
--
Guide To DIY Living
http://www.self-reliance.co.nz

<snip>
I've gardened largely in containers this year, also. You should be watchful and generous with your watering, especially on sunny days. I think you should give each container at least 2 liters of water, every other day, and 4 liters every other day for the larger containers.
-- dkra
--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]

I think you'll need to water these plants, in this size containers, in an environment with strong sunshine, AT LEAST daily, possibly more.
5-gallon buckets are fairly small for full-size tomato plants (if your plants are full-size). Last time I tried this, we wound up watering the tomato plant four times a day, and finally transplanted it into a 22-gallon plastic storage tub.
Just water whenever the soil is dry to a depth of a couple of inches.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

adding enough water so it was visible in the pot base. In the summer, it is very humid here too. Frank
you'll like this... www.dirtdoctor.com can even listen to his show online
but i really don't thing the plants will survive/ or thrive without direct sun from outdoors!!!!