Warm weather

It is not supposed to be this warm in February. It is in the low 50's with lots of sun. Why do I have the feeling that it will start snowing next week and be cold until July.
The weather is making me antsy to get started planting things. started broccoli, broccoli raab, Swiss chard and cabbage in the greenhouse on Saturday and Monday. The 2 broccolis have already started germinating.
I am wondering how many of the things that are reported to not do well as transplants actually do. Have any of you tried some? What were the results?
--
Susan N.

I had brocolli, cabbage and swiss chard outside all last winter. :-) Even when we had a freeze, they didn't.
Cheers!
--
Om.

My carrot (yes, carrot) is still green after being covered with snow for a month. Before I start tilling the garden for planting, I'll have to dig it up and see how it did.
I have started quite a few things early. Most of them do pretty well, but some do die. The only things I sewed directly in the ground last year were green beans (excellent crop of those) and carrots (I got two to grow.) The tomatoes were all pre-started, some by me and some by a store. They gave us an excellent crop.
The only thing that was prestarted and didn't produce much was strawberries. It was their first year in a new home, so I'm hoping for a better year this year.
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net