Veseys Seeds

Does anyone have an opinion about this seed company? MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

On 01/05/11 1:36 PM, sometime in the recent past snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted this:

"Veseys is located in York, Prince Edward Island, Canada."

Great company for northern growers. I haven't gotten a catalog(ue) from them in years as I usually deal with Fedco or Johnny's which are both in Maine.

But you might want to get seeds from a company in your zone.

Reply to
Wilson

ted

Why seeds from my zone? Plants I understand. Other than the bix box stores there is no one in my area. MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Same reason as the plants. Seeds come from plants (not to state the obvious, but...,) so those varieties grown near you are, in my mind, more tolerant than some grown in a different climate. IMHO

Reply to
Wilson

They're fine.

They've been expanding their product lines over the years.

We buy from them only occasionally these days because we've moved into buying from a network of local seed producers.

Reply to
phorbin

No longer recommended. Live plants and bulbs are a 50/50 shot and if your refund brings your order total below the discount tier you end up having to pay the difference.

Reply to
dneyder