Using stored rainwater for irrigation?

Hello!
Is it recommended (disease safe etc) to use stored rainwater for irrigating vegetable beds? I couldn't guarantee high turnover of the water in the butts, but that obviously depends on the weather.
We are just starting to transfer vegetables from seeding pots into raised beds, as our first attempt at growing our own and we are concious of wasting tap water.
Thanks a lot!
--
qazwsxed

qazwsxed wrote:

Yes
David

But unless that water butt had better be a big one, because I know how long it takes to empty a 2,000 gallon tank - it disappears in a couple of decent watering sessions before needing refilling.
qazwsxed;920182 Wrote:

Using rain water for irrigation is a great idea. It will not only help you to conserve water but rain water is also so much better for your vegetations because it does not have chlorine which is commonly found in tap water.
--
anne929

If you can smell the chlorine in the water, it may be a problem, for you as well as your plants, but if you can't smell it, there probably is no problem for either of you.
--
- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war