Unidentified Cucumber Problem

I have been to a gazillion websites and I cannot find one that shows me a picture of the kind of damage my cucumbers are suddenly experiencing. Lots of bug pictures but no damaged cukes that I could find. These are Divas (whcih have been producing like crazy). Something is eating the skin but not penetrating more than a very thin layer, leaving trails of connected roundy spots on the surface of the cucumbers. The skin then dies and the cukes are then distorted in shape. Problem is, I cannot find any bugs!
Another problem is that some of the cucumbers get these brownish blotches on them, sort of like the skin has dried in veiny-streaks.
Any ideas what either of these might be?
Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

don't know much about it, but these symptoms strike me as a sort of fungus..
just a guess, L.