Trying to identify strawberry plant type.

Hi,

I've been cruising the internet for a source to determine what type of strawberry I have in my garden. Is there an online database that I could peruse or does anyone know what strawberry plant has yellow flowers and this thing has gotten about 2 feet high so far. The flowers appear every 2-4 inches up the stem in bunches of 2-6. I don't remember planting this particular variety but out of 100 plants I have 3 of these freaks. If they taste good I don't mind, but I am curious as to what to expect out of these monsters.

Thanks for any assistance you can point me to.

Reply to
mondo colnago

Try looking for cinquifoil, sounds like what it is.

John!

m> Hi,

Reply to
GA Pinhead

Thanks John,

After closer inspection (much closer), I determined that there was a small strawberry plant growing at the base of this. You were right on! After I looked up cinquifoil on the web I saw pictures that looked just like the thing in my garden. So much for a new mutant strawberry breed! haha. They are out of the garden and I'll be replanting them near the house since they're nice anyway.

Thanks again for your help.

m>Try looking for cinquifoil, sounds like what it is.

Reply to
mondo colnago

It does make a nice summer groundcover. Glad I could help!

John!

m> Thanks John,

Reply to
GA Pinhead

try the following online DB.

have pictures for some, but not all varieties.

Cheers Conor

Conor Redmond

Hi Conor,

Thanks very much for this information. I have some other questions that this website might provide me with the answers to.

Take care and thanks again,

m>m>> Hi,

Reply to
mondo colnago