Trying to find Baltic (Russian) Gooseberrys...

Does anyone know a place to start to look. Google doesn't seem to lead me to anything useful. I am interested in the HUGE gooseberrys that I found in Latvia, Estonia, and western Russia. They are about 3/4 to one inch across and turn red to almost black when ripe. They have a sweet, yet comfortably tart flavor. Thanx to anyone who might know where I may find more information.
cheers
oz, deep in the Ozarks

In any local plant center ... in Finland, Europe. The choices are: spines (yes/no), and ripe berry color (yellowish green/darkish red).
Woot! Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

Thank you, but it would be difficult to have an agent purchase them for me in Finland or (other) Europe and then mail them to the central US. Our customs people get fussy about incoming produce.
cheers, anyway
oz, who has enjoyed his short trips to Helsinki

Try http://www.onegreenworld.com
They sell lots of bush fruits from Russia, etc, including seven different cultivars of gooseberries.
Another source of fruits that aren't common in the US is Raintree Nursery. Their shipping is a tad high, but they have stuff that's hard to find anywhere else.
http://www.raintreenursery.com
Best Wishes,
Jan USDA Zone 3 southcentral Alaska
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

Thanx. The first one looks promising.
oz