Trying to find Baltic (Russian) Gooseberrys...

Does anyone know a place to start to look. Google doesn't seem to lead me to anything useful. I am interested in the HUGE gooseberrys that I found in Latvia, Estonia, and western Russia. They are about

3/4 to one inch across and turn red to almost black when ripe. They have a sweet, yet comfortably tart flavor. Thanx to anyone who might know where I may find more information.

cheers

oz, deep in the Ozarks

Reply to
Oz

In any local plant center ... in Finland, Europe. The choices are: spines (yes/no), and ripe berry color (yellowish green/darkish red).

Woot! Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

for me in Finland or (other) Europe and then mail them to the central US. Our customs people get fussy about incoming produce.

cheers, anyway

oz, who has enjoyed his short trips to Helsinki

Reply to
Oz

Try

sell lots of bush fruits from Russia, etc, including seven different cultivars of gooseberries.

Another source of fruits that aren't common in the US is Raintree Nursery. Their shipping is a tad high, but they have stuff that's hard to find anywhere else.

Best Wishes,

Jan USDA Zone 3 southcentral Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora