transplanting raspberries

Hi-Can someone tell me when is a good time to transplant raspberries. I have

8 or 9 plants growing very close together and would like to spread them out some. I'm thinking that I should do this in the fall. Also, what else should I do to ensure they grow well after transplanting.

TIA- Leslie Zone 5 (Eastern WA, just south of British Columbia, Canada)

Reply to
Leslie

I've always transplanted raspberries in the early spring (which, according to an article in Fine Gardening, is the best time to do it).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks Pat. That's good to know. That's one less thing to do this fall.

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie