Tomatoes: tobacco mosaic/early blight?

Hi,
Has anyone had their crops ravaged by either of these? It seems that I have one or the other. We gave some of the plants from the same source to a friend, who also has the same symptoms.
What steps should be taken to eradicate this?
Kurt

My first 2 thoughts are find another source of plants and put them in another location.
This site has good information. http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatoproblemsolver/index.html
Look here to locate your local Extension office. http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html
--
Susan N.

I spray my tomatoes once a week late in the evening with a good fungicide that also has bacteria disease fighting in it. I also add 1/2 aspirin per gal. of water. It works for me. I had a 2lb. 10 oz tom last year.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

It's safe for human consumption? What is the name of the product?

I will have to go out to the shed and look. I got it at a Amish supply store. It only takes 1 1/2 oz per gal once a week to 10 days. The aspirin you can use any brand. I think you could use any fungicide like greenhouses use. What I use came in a 2 1/2 gal. can and I paid $70 but at 1 1/2 oz per gal I have a lifetime supply. I have let some of my master gardener friends have some of it also.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a safe fungicide for veggies. :^)

my tomatos got early blight, I sprayed them several times with copper. Did the trick.
rob