Tomatoes

I just planted 180 tomato seeds. Now to start watching and keeping fingers crossed. I think I will try starting beets inside now. I know that it is recommended that you do not, but the results cannot be any worse that the ones I have planted out. Time to start soaking a bunch.

Reply to
The Cook
180 tomato seeds?!?!?

The back of my package says plant them 2 to 3 feet apart. You must have an awful lot of space....

I tried beets in peat pots. They got leggy. I had better luck with direct planting.

Reply to
newgardener

We have about 1.5 acres available and my husband just bought a tractor.

I don't think I will try to use peat pots. They are fine when all you want to get through are the fine roots, but not for things like beets or turnips.

Reply to
The Cook