Tomatoes

I just planted 180 tomato seeds. Now to start watching and keeping fingers crossed. I think I will try starting beets inside now. I know that it is recommended that you do not, but the results cannot be any worse that the ones I have planted out. Time to start soaking a bunch.
--
Susan N.

180 tomato seeds?!?!?
The back of my package says plant them 2 to 3 feet apart. You must have an awful lot of space....
I tried beets in peat pots. They got leggy. I had better luck with direct planting.

We have about 1.5 acres available and my husband just bought a tractor.
I don't think I will try to use peat pots. They are fine when all you want to get through are the fine roots, but not for things like beets or turnips.
--
Susan N.