Tomato wind damage

During a windstorm yesterday one of my tomato plants suffered serious wind damage. All of the top branches were pinched off leaving a significant portion of stem without leaves.
I'm most concerned because the growing stem was broken.
Will my plant start to regrow leaving branches from the now naked stem? Or could I do some targeted pruning to get it growing again?

If your stem is only partially severed, stake it up and tape the "wound" and it'll grow back together.
Then stake the plant well so the wind cannot knock it over again.
I tie mine to wire fencing. :-)
Good luck!
K.
--