Tomato Wilt

If it comes from bacteria in the soil how do you get it out? I have 2 raised beds 4 feet by 32 feet, have always rotated plants and have had four years of no tomatoes. I am determined to fix this, and ideas?

MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

If you have soil issues:

one way is to replace all the soil

another is to fumigate your soil - there are products on the market for this (my neighbour annually fumingated his soil in greenhouse with a Bayer product)

solarise your garden beds over summer using black plastic and moisture

I immediately plant garlic and shallots in the gardens where I have grown tomatos. These bulbs, according to various literature, have soil cleaning properties. I cannot make any guarantee about success however you may like to consider this option and test it. Perhaps a couple of seasons of garlic & onions and then try tomatos again, maybe solarise theb garden beds first.

rob

Reply to
George

What if I just take a big bottle of diced garlic and spread it around out there.

Reply to
DogDiesel

I doubt it would work on fungi, but if you have nematode problems it may help.

Mid-Columbia growers add hot mustard to fields

Reply to
Billy