Tomato variety "Jetsonic"

A couple of years ago, Totally Tomatoes sent out sample packets of Jetsonic tomato seeds. I still have mine, and am thinking about planting them next year because they are supposed to be earlier than my favorite, Better Boy. My BB's are just now finally getting ripe, 3 weeks later than my friends' tomatoes. (I did get them in the ground late, but usually they catch up)
I can't find anything about this variety, and TT doesn't list it anymore. Did anybody else get a packet and actually plant them? How'd you like 'em?
--
Bob

zxcvbob wrote:

I cannot make a sensible contribution but I can wonder about the name. Are you sure these are tomatoes and not some kind of lentils or beans?
I wouldn't wait too long to plant them as the seeds will already be less than 100% viable.
David Hare-Scott wrote:

i think you've slipped a cog here David, the company name _Totally Tomatoes_... and, i'm pretty sure most gardeners can tell the difference between a bean/lentil and a tomato seed.

this part i do agree with. :)
songbird
On Friday, September 14, 2012 5:56:33 PM UTC-6, zxcvbob wrote:

Google is your friend. Lots of info there.
Roy wrote:

Really? I found lots of hits but almost *no* info. (most of the hits were computer generated gibberish: When leaving the boat one of the jetsonic volunteers took by mistake seeds the lighter result no cooker no coffee no hot meals also the autopilot did...
Bob
On Friday, September 14, 2012 7:25:45 PM UTC-6, zxcvbob wrote:

Well Bob...using 'jetsonic tomato' I found a few leads such as:
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t 935
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/180735 /
http://gardenporn.blogspot.ca/2008/12/jetsonic-tomato.html
http://all-natural-mama.blogspot.ca/2009/04/heirloom-tomato-pepper-plants-that-will.html
Not a lot but if you keep going there are more.
I'd be willing to try them if I was given free seed...for sure.

I got a sample packet in 2009 according to the date. It says that they are supposed to mature in 68 days after transplanting. I evidently planted them in 2009 but my spreadsheet for that year seems to end in early July with none picked. Since I did not plant them again I must have decided that they were not spectacular.
My Better Boy packets say that they mature in 78 days.
I have decided that Early Girls do not mature enough earlier than Better Boys to make it worth the trouble.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
The Cook wrote:

Thanks Susan. I will plant them next year, but will also plant a few BB's just in case the Jetsonic are a bust. (there might be a reason the variety disappeared -- like if they are mushy, or all red and no flavor)
Bob

If I can find a later version of my 2009 spreadsheet I can get an idea of how productive (or not) they were.
Where are you located? My tomatoes are just about done for. There are a few plants with small green ones on them. I don't think that there will be any more sets since the night temps are getting down into the 50's. Peppers and okra are still happy.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
The Cook wrote:

I'm in SE Minnesota. Zone 4. My okra and peppers have been producing for about a month, but are just now kicking into high gear (I think it's a daylength thing.) I think my squash is finished, but that's mainly because the dogs kept running through it. The okra is too big to trample, and the peppers and tomatoes are in wire cages.
Next year I will try harder to keep the dogs out of the garden, but also will crisscross everything with wires so it's no fun to run through.
Bob
zxcvbob;968799 Wrote: > A couple of years ago, Totally Tomatoes sent out sample packets of

After reading your post i have found that your post is really amazing interesting and informative also keep posting that kind of posts.
--
LouPhillips

LouPhillips wrote:

Are you doing some sort of course where the tutor tells you to get online and post something positive?