Tomato seeds

I've been growing Burpee Salad Choice Hybrid saladette tomatos for the past 3 years. They've been great producers and the tomatos are oblong, about 3 to 4 ounces each. Never grown a better tomato ! The problem - I can't get the seeds any more. It seems like Burpee stopped producing them. Can anybody suggest a good alternative ? Also, does anyone have an opinion on this Spray 'n Grow stuff that I've been seeing on QVC ? Don't want to buy it if it's useless. Thanks in advance for your reply.
- Tom D. -
On 18 Mar 2007 09:44:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Burpee's catalog lists 3 saladettes. Fresh Salsa 63726-A Ensalada Hybrid 63461-A Little Mama 63785-A
Ensalada is the only one I can bring up on a search for saladette online. The others may be available if you call. Salad Choice was not listed in the 2006 catalog either. I don't have any suggestions since I am usually growing larger and smaller tomatoes.
--
Susan N.

Thanks for the info - I will try one of those !

they seem to still be selling, and many varieties there seems to be a 'type' associated with the name saladette, as well. Google on this word may bring up all sorts of places. you may also want to look for a different brand than Burpee, as well. A recent article online mentions that most Wal-mart sold seed, including Burpees, may have issues with deliberately creating sterile fruit. I hope this is wrong information.
good luck~