Tomato Ripening Timeline

Hello, I have several varieties of tomatos groing in growbags in a small poly greenhouse (Totem, Tumbler, Sungold, Moneymaker, Gardners Delight). All have lots of fruit and flowes and continue to grow healthily. Lots of the fruit seem fully formed but have not turned red yet. If I planted in early May, at what point should I expect the fruit to start to turn red? I am in the South East of England.

Reply to
richmarshall

Sounds like it is a waiting game. but review your sunlight, nutrients, temps, especially the night temps and pollination.

-length of daylight 14-16 hrs, you should have that by now, but have you a lot of cloud cover over the last few, are they crowded/ too shaded?

-you should be w/ a bloom nute formulation by now, if not change now.

-~Day 21° -26° C (70° -79° F) and night temperatures 16° -18.5° C (61° -65° F). If Hydro, what is your nute temp? You can cheat a bit by warming the res up.

-Have you a fan blowing air around or bees in the house to pollinate, if not you might try to hand pollinate to get good fruit set.

-Do a good pruing job.

There is a guy on ivillage website that had a Excel spreadsheet on the maturity dates for alot of Tom. varieties, you can email him for it.

is a very good link for mineral deficiencies,along w/ pics of Toms from that page:

gunner