tomato plant problem

Hi, I hope someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have with my tomato plants. I currently have 15 plants which I started off in early February. I have been growing these in a polytunnel tunnel and they seemed to be doing really well until two weeks ago. The lower leaves of the plants have curled upwards and are very brittle and easy to tear little paper. The new growth on the plant is dropping. They seem to have stopped growing any higher and I am really worried they are going to die after all the work I put in.When I first noticed the problem I taught large temperature fluctuations from day to day inside the polytunnel might be to blame but now I am worried it is something much worse. I have attached some pics so you might get a better idea what I am talking about.Any ideas what the problem might me? Thanks in advance
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMAG0030.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 695| |Filename: IMAG0032.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 696| |Filename: IMAG0035.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 697| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
cjgalway

On Thu, 19 May 2011 20:11:11 +0000, cjgalway

They look fine to me.

Me, too. Are they out from under cover now?
Priscilla
cjgalway said:

attachmentid695|
attachmentid696|
attachmentid697|
They look fine. A little rolling of the bottom leaves is a tendency of many varieties carrying a particular gene named "wilty" and not neccessarily a sign of stress (though it will be more apparent in plants stressed by temperature or moisture).
Bush or determinate varieties of tomatoes slow down somewhat in growth when they start flowering. And it's also typical for lower leaves to drop when they are shaded out.
If you want to do something constructive, perhaps a foliar feeding with a dilute kelp solution is in order (and certainly won't hurt).
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
They are getting too much water, turn the irrigation down and only water when compost is starting to get dry.