Today's the day we celebrate

Yep, it's finally here: International Kitchen Garden Day!
http://www.kitchengardeners.org/kitchengardenday.html
Hope you'll get out in your garden to celebrate.
snipped-for-privacy@belgacom.net (rdoiron) wrote:

I've already been out there this morning... ;-) Ate a bit of raw asparagus snapped right out of the garden, and a few cherry tomatoes right off the vine.
As for cooking something that is local cuisine, I'm not really in the mood for Tex-mex today. :-P
I just got a duck out of the freezer that I picked up at the Thai store a couple of weeks ago. Duck is much cheaper there than at the regular grocery store! I'm going to cut it up and fry it like chicken instead of roasting it... And I have some nice fresh swiss chard and asparagus beans to steam to go along with!
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Yup, we'll be canning all day after picking all morning. Going to make about 10 pints of Scotch Bonnet sause from the 20 lds. of Habaneros we picked. Thanks for the heads up.

snipped-for-privacy@belgacom.net (rdoiron) wrote:

I may sink out of sight after the recent rains, but I'll do it anyway. Reminds me of "Slow Food," another thing that I admire greatly.
Now all I need is "Less Food..."
Peace,