This years' garden

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions for catalogues and tomato varieties. It?s almost time to start seeds indoors here, which is exciting. Here?s what?s going in the garden this season:

Radishes: Sparkler Red Mammoth Black Spanish Cherry Belle China Rose Crimson Giant French Breakfast German Beer German Giant

Peppers: Thai Hot Scotch Bonnet Habanero Japapeno Ancho Anaheim Serrano Marconi Mix Bell Peppers

Cucumber: Marketmore Poinsett 76

Eggplant: Swallow Udmalbet Listada De Gandia

Tomato: Black Krim Black Prince Red Brandywine Cherokee Purple Pruden?s Purple Stupice Super Boy Super Sweet 100s Fourth of July

Greens: Seven Top Turnip Golden Ball Turnip Purple Top Turnip Georgia Collards Dwarf Blue Kale Florida Broad Leaf Mustard Green

Beans: Alaska Pea Sugar Daddy Snap Pea Blue Lake Bush Bean Gator Green Bush Bean Early Contender Bush Kentucky Pole Bean

Squash: Burpee?s Hybrid Zucchini Burpee?s Golden Squash Richgreen Hybrid Dixie [Yellow Crookneck] Eight Ball Zucchini [Round, about the size of a softball] Papaya Pear Yellow Squash [same] Sunburst [Patty Pan]

Pumpkins: Orange Smoothie Ghost Rider

Gourds: Birdhouse Gourd Martin House Gourd

Detroit Dark Red Beet Black Diamond Watermelon

Reply to
Andrew McMichael

You have very different priorities on the pumpkin kin. The most important ones, to me, are spaghetti squash and Sweet Mama.

Zucchinis aren't allowed anywhere near my garden; the four plants I grew by mistake once (bought as spaghetti squash) got pulled up the minute they showed their true colors.

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

How big is your garden?!

Mark

Reply to
Mark

About 5000 square feet, or so.

Reply to
Andrew McMichael

I love spaghetti squash. But the plants don't produce the abundance per plant [for me] that others do.

Oh man, I love zucchs. Lunch for me last year, for about 2 weeks or so, was 2 fresh tomatoes [with basil, salt, and pepper], 2 fresh zucchs, and about a half-dozen fresh plums from the tree [golf-ball sized plum, variety unknown].

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McMichael

I only have about 200 square feet of actual garden space, but it's all raised beds, so I can plant a little more densely than I would in a traditional "row-type" garden.

We still managed to grow about 30 different types of stuff last year. Not a lot of any one thing, but a little of lots of different things.

Mark

Reply to
Mark