The power of the rain

I had a vivid lesson today in what the rain can do to one's crops. After several weeks of little or no rain, we had 9mm early this week, and this is what it did to my squashes which were still on the plant.
http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo5209879
Impressive, no? They were all right on Saturday.
Steve

Good lord! ;-) Well, I'd just cook them up and freeze any extra...
--
Om.

shazzbat wrote:

Too bad they can't shed their skins when they outgrow them, like lizards!
shazzbat wrote:

Well that's the first time I've ever seen that happen! Tomatoes and cabbages will do that, but usually not squash. I wonder if that one kind of squash is prone to doing that?
Steve
Steve said:

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo5209879
Watermelons will split like that, too. But I've never seen squashes do tha, and I've tried a lot of different varieties. (The only subset I've never tried has been spaghettie squash.)

is
9mm is only a shower, this seems odd to me to be the only cause.
David

What else would/could cause that???
--
Om.