The orchard has landed ...

I finished planting trees yesterday , our orchard now consists of : 2 pear trees , Anjou and Bartlett 2 apple trees , red del and honeycrisp 1 red haven peach tree 3 cherries , a bing , a black tartarian and a northstar pie cherry There are also at LEAST 16 wild muscadine vines in the area cleared for the orchard . I will be training some of them to a one-wire trellis system , not sure what to do about the rest . Along with the greatly increased garden space for this year and the machine shop I'm going to be one busy "Gentleman Farmer" .
--
Snag

I also have a lot of blackberries and raspberries, as well as strawberries. I also have a Concord grape vine that makes little sour grapes. Why the grapes never achieve even marble size, or aren't at all sweet is a mystery.
For well over 20 years I've been trying to become good at edible gardening, and it took me about 20. It's been ninety-something percent hard work, because I had way more drive than talent.
--
--Bryan Simmons
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."