The Future of Agriculture and the Importance of Developing Our Skills and Knowledge Base

Page 4 of 4
Before we run out of oil and/or are affected by the prices cause due to high oil one has to consider the reason why resources are going higher and US buying power lower. This is one of the first major problems that will be experienced by Americans and rest of the world secondly. This main problem is devaluation of US dollar. As a reserve currency most goods are priced in US dollar so looking at oil at $80USD doesn't mean that oil went up that much in other currencies -ex. Canada, Euroland. As this seems to be done by design America will suffer first and most likely drag the rest of the world down with it.
It's totally true that everyone should have survival skills which has been lost by majority in the of developed nations but the times aren't tough yet and there is still time to get ready. The first major crises will most likely be the currency crises which is starting to unfold, and this is what can trigger everything else. At this time the first thing people should do is get out of debt. Review your mortgage contracts and make sure there is no clause anywhere where banks can call in their loans at any time. As a loss of possesisions would be a first major hit to the household which would put such ones very much dependent on the government. Internet is still freely available and one can learn lots about practically everything imagenable so it would be a good idea to learn some survival skills which include growing food, surviving without power or heat. Possibly having backup plan for water source or how to treat the water to make it drinkable. Also other articles haven't mantioned fishing - another food source that can be utilized. Good times have lasted for a long time and many in developed nations forgot how to work hard to stay alive and most can't remember the last real hard times - in US that would be some 80 years ago.
What will trigger the hard times it's hard to say for sure but anyone looking can see there is something bad in the air. Will this be just another end of world empire or something bigger only time will tell. Let's not forget Mat 24:21

Sorry, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person, but what you have written is wrong. Fuel has gone up world wide and that price hike is about the scarcity of the resource (as China and India boom) and not about America suffering first.
America has VERY low fuel prices at the pump in comparison to the rest of the world, where taxes and surcharges are massively higher than in the US. The US is only now catching up with what has been happening in the rest of the world for decades.

Hell, David, our opinion of us is lower because of Dubya too.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Billy wrote:

Yup. The Dixie Chicks had the right idea.
In article

Which is all that International corporations could hope for. Watch Ruppert Murdoch news and a sit com and don't worry your pretty little head about freedom and Blackwater. Show your hands and salute the rank.
Fuck Bush
--
FB - FFF

Billy

In article

From what I've heard and read, he'd like that.
;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I think you are referring to what Osama is doing to him;-) I doubt he is capable of real human relations, considering what he has done to so many people, for just money.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

snipped-for-privacy@itshall.be.given writes:

Thank you very much. No, the pain will never leave; the void left by a child's death is always there and quite different than any other. We adjust and learn to live around it so it becomes a part of our lives rather than it controlling our lives. On our on-line support group, I said it does not become easier, it becomes less difficult. Easier implies it will become easy which is not true and also implies we have more control than we do.

You have been through your own trials, quite definitely. You absolutely have my sympathy for what you have been through. I'm very happy for you that you are here to look at that wonderful flower bed.
My sister died in 1972 of cancer the day before her 21st birthday leaving behind two babies in diapers so I have a small amount of understanding what you are saying. I wish so much she could also be speaking your words. Because of what my garden has done for me, I so understand at least part of your fondness for this special part of your yard and of your world.

That rather re-enforces what I told my two oldest sons and some dear friends about this house. I moved here two-plus years after my youngest son's death. His brothers were very worried about Mom in addition to their own grief from losing their baby brother (who was taller than either of them!). When I planted grapes, kiwi and paw-paw trees, I told them I must be planning to be around a long time since they all take at least 2-5 years to bear! One wouldn't think of planting a grape vine as being a plan for a future, but it really is, like the shade tree.
Blessings to you.
Glenna

So very, very true.

I know exactly what you are saying.
My sister lost a son almost 13 years ago and I just feel so disturbed that there is simply nothing I can do to help this much loved sister in any way. I know that she still suffers deeply, desperately and despairingly but not a word of her grief ever crosses her lips or is ever shown except in the desperate way she hugs me when she sees me.
As my only sibling and being 5 and a half years younger than her, she still maintains the strong older sister role and won't open up and talk about it to me or to anyone. We have never been an emotional or particularly demonsrative family but she just about breaks my ribs with her hugs. This tells me that she is still as raw as the day that it happened and only once have I ever been able to even mention her grieving to her. I have not been game enough to do so since but she needs some help that I cannot give until she is ready and I don't think that she ever will be ready. It is also typical of our family that she won't seek any help.
Time doesn't heal at all unfortunately, it just makes the absence of the lost one even more evident as one things that they aren't here for this or that fmaily happening.

Thank you but I don't think the big 'C' is nearly as bad as losing a child. It is a process that has to be got through one way or the other. I've always viewed my own death as inevitable and I will die when my time is due. I just hope it's when I'm 80 + as I have too much to do before I die.

I think it's the constant rebirth we see in the garden. Each year there is a sense of renewal. Even if we aren't going to be here to see it, it will go on.

Indeed it is.

And to you and yours.
Fran