The effect on planting Eary-, Mid-, and Late-Season Tomatoes

I am buying early, mid, and late-seasons tomatoes. My garden will have four north-south columns with 3ft east-west intervals.

My question is what difference does it make as to in which column the tomatoes are planted?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

If I catch your banter correctly, about July, you won't have any intervals. As far as the placement of the tomatoes is concerned, put the shorter ones on the south end, and the taller ones on the north end of the columns.

Reply to
Billy

The early ones should be nearest the kitchen. Of course in the antipodes the rows have to be south-north.

David Hare-Scott

'Er now, "ew's" calling us pods!

Reply to
Billy

Problem is knowing short from tall with new plants. Solution is using containers and switching places as season moves on.

Great idea, Billy.

Voting for a third party candidate is worse than a wasted vote. It may as well be a vote for four more years of B.O. nonsense.

If Obama gets re-elected, invest in concrete because more people will be walking the streets.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

One hell of a bumper sticker for sure.

Reply to
Bill who putters

What varieties of the tomatoes you are planting?

Last time Obama talked a good game, then continued Bush policies. Third party is your only real choice.

Reply to
Billy

I presume that was an interrogative.

I suppose I'm a bit of a sociopath. It's part of my charm ;O)

Reply to
Billy

Any who, I have a spread sheet of different tomatoes which putatively includes their estimated size. Spread sheets don't take well to posting, so I thought, if you could tell me what you're planting I could give you some idea on their size.

And now for some political content:

Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden. - Orson Scott Card

Reply to
Billy