The Diabetic Garden

Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?

Reply to
Bill who putters

Need more input. For me, veggie sources of carbs are less problematic than, say, a Micky D's bun loaded with HFCS. (type II; HvA1c=5.9)

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

Reply to
Gary Woods

If you don't refine your plants' sugar, you'll do fine.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

type 2 is potatos, my garden this year consist of:

tomatoes corn peas(cowpeas to you yankees) pinto beans asian long beans okra drum head cabbage turnips mustard buttercrunch lettuce

5 varieties of peppers crook neck squash white scalloped squash zuchinni carrots bokchoy

My gardening does reflect my diabetes, in the past I would have grown 2 80' rows of potatos and much more corn than I have now.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

My brother plants stevia. Diesel.

Reply to
None4U

I have grown stevia in the past, there is no denying it is sweet, but it has an edgy metallic taste that I don't care for.

Like most taste, it is purely subjective and some of the blends aren't all that bad.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

There is a difference between plants as well, and perhaps a difference with the season.

Reply to
Billy