The birds are eating my orange tomatoes!

I put in a couple of plants of orange tomatoes this year and, like the Sweet 100's, Better Boys, and Early Girls, this has been a banner year in northern Virginia USA. I am getting record yields for all tomato varieties.
The problem is the orange tomatoes (I lost the seed packet but I seem to remember that they are Jubilee's). The top-most fruit are pecked full of holes. I believe that birds are doing it but I haven't seen them in the act. They aren't attacking the fruits lower down on the vine and they don't bother the other varieties at all. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Maybe I need a scarecrow.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (mycroftt) wrote:

light that chases the birds away.
Try this take a CD and allow the sun to hit it and shine the light on a tree with some birds in the tree. Watch their reaction. When the crows get bad around here I use this method to chase them away.
--

Charles
Indifference = Consent