That oddball plant

I have one out of 36 tomato plants that is not true to variety. I planted (from seed) open pollinated Italians but have one cherry type. Very uniform golfball-sized with little pointy nipples on them. The plant structure and leaf characteristics match the Italian plants. I'm wondering if I may have stumbled onto something new, a la genetics, or did I just get a cherry tomato seed mixed in? Ken
Could be something new. I had plum tomatoes one year where all were well but one plant had paste tomatoes hanging on most of the plant but cherries off of one branch. Wierdest thing! I believe it's called a 'sport'. How do your cherry tomatoes taste? If they're good, you might have something to save...

I don't know. I love sauce, but I can't bring myself to eat a raw tomato. A texture or consistency thing I guess. My sister and mom liked them though. : ) Ken