Teas

Wondering about the hype behind manure/compost teas. Having used it liberally (20 gal. batches) a couple of times with no obvious benefit, I'm scratching my head and wondering if it is worth the effort.

Anybody with a comment?

Reply to
Billy

Bars

?v=l0aEo59c7zU&feature=relatedI never understood why people make compost teas. why not just put the compost around the ground? it seems like a lot of work to make the teas which seem to me like trying to force the compost/manure to release nutrients faster (dissolve in water, adding bacteria and increasing o2 flow) , when plants generally like slow release fertilizers.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

I read somewhere (take it for what it's worth) that spraying compost tea on the leaves prevents critters from from eating and spreading deseases on your plants. I also read that you must use the tea within

1 few hours of brewing it. Like I said, I read this somewhere and I'm just too much of a noob at this to know if it works or not.

Wil

Reply to
Wil