Symptoms of over-watered Tomatoe plants?

Does anyone know the signs of an over-waterd tomato plant?
Thanks.
BTW, the leaves on some of my tomato plants are yellowed with black spots, but only toward the bottom. Leaves from 1/4 up are green and normal looking. Are these over watered?
higgledy wrote:

It sounds like your tomatoes have one of the fungus diseases. They tend to start on the lower leaves and work their way up from there. Search the web for tomato diseases and I'm sure you will find pictures of the problem your plants have.
Steve

They'll (the fruit) crack. The sides burst. I haven't noticed anyother symptoms.

This might be caused by over zealous watering. The leaves of tomato plants should not be allowed to touch the soil. Water should be placed on the ground gently rather than the water splashing on the leaves. A mulch helps to alleviate this problem.
See
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatoproblemsolver/index.html
for specific problems. Read the instructions then click on "leaf". You will find your problem there.

I just re-read that and it is not very clear. You do not want the water to splash soil onto the leaves.
Sorry for any confusion.
Jim, Won't a mulch trap water making a perfect mold/fungus nursery?
Phil Jim Carter wrote:

That seems not to happen. Instead, the mulch greatly reduces the number of times you must water the tomatoes.