Symphylans: red?

Everything I've read about symphylans describes them as being white. Yesterday I found several insects under a pot that look exactly like every picture I've seen of adult symphylans (eg http://insects.ippc.orst.edu/pnw/insects?KGCode_pres.cfm?ID "72), but these insects were red. Otherwise: 1/4" long, two long antennae, twelve pairs of legs, thin segmented body, two pairs of feelers/non-legs at the rear... Is there such a thing as a red symphylan? I'm in Victoria, BC.
Thanks!
Ben