Symphylans: red?

Everything I've read about symphylans describes them as being white. Yesterday I found several insects under a pot that look exactly like every picture I've seen of adult symphylans (eg

?ID=2272), but these insects were red. Otherwise: 1/4" long, two long antennae, twelve pairs of legs, thin segmented body, two pairs of feelers/non-legs at the rear... Is there such a thing as a red symphylan? I'm in Victoria, BC.

Thanks!

Ben

Reply to
Ben