Sweet wheatgrass

What variety is it--the kind that has a natural aftertaste almost as if someone put stevia or something in it? Since I moved from NC, the stuff around here tastes like it might as well be lawn grass (they keep telling me they think it's hard red winter wheat). I don't want to waste a lot of time growing something so unpalatable I won't want to drink it.