Sunflower question

I have one sunflower plant - it was a volunteer among my peas. It is now over 7' tall and has one open flower plus 8 flower buds. I've never heard of a sunflower having so many flowers. Is this possible, or will the extra buds just wither away? Should I remove some or all of them?

In any event, I plan to keep some of the seed from this sunflower.

Reply to
Pat

There are a lot of sunflower varieties; just look in a good flower catalog. And yes, some of them have multiple, though not as bit, flowers, for use as cut flowers. By all means save some of the seeds!

Gary Woods