Stunted pepper plants

Hi all, I'm not really sure what's going on with my pepper plants.
I have a couple of Redskin Peppers, one planted in a pot the other in a glasshouse border. Both plants are roughly 6" - 7" and appear to have stopped growing up. They seem very bushy for all the size of them. Flowers are just about to appear on both.
I also have a Cayenne and a Apache pepper and while they haven't gone as bushy they do seem to have slowed down vertical growth.
Is this normal for these types of peppers? I've a feeling that that the three in the glasshouse border may be getting overwatered while other plants are getting watered, would this effect the peppers like this? Appreciate any help or guidance available.
--
Kyle.Wylie

Three are 3 in the soil next to what Americans would call a "greenhouse"? Which way does the wall face? How was the soil prepared? Here, 18 lbs of aged chicken manure/ 100 sq. ft. (8.18 kg/9.29 sq. m.). What is the soil, clay, loam, sandy?
It could just be a matter of a "watched pot". Since they don't sound like they are in distress, put a tape to them and measure them. Then tell us how old they are, what kind and how much fertilizer, what have temperatures there been like since the peppers were planted, how much sun do they get, what is there soil moisture like, how big are the pots, and what do you mean by "may have been over watered?" Since you describe them as bushy, apparently they are expanding spherically and not linearly, which would be more dramatic.
--

- Billy
Billy wrote:

these are all good questions and things that need to be considered...
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:15:00 +0100, Kyle.Wylie

Redskin plants are supposed to stay small, they're bred for containers. By the end of the season, mine hadn't gotten more than a foot tall.

Apache is another dwarf, and won't get too tall. There are so many different kinds of cayennes, it's impossible to figure what is the correct height of the plant.

How are they doing now?
Penelope